Book cover is the first thing I notice about a book (although we are told never to judge a book by its cover but hey!). Cool font of the title especially if it is written in gold or silver and embosed to top it off is my weakness. Book cover gives you the feel of the story it tells without even reading it. When you see fairies on the title you know its a fantasy. A blood-dripping knife or a smoke releasing gun tells you its a thriler and then there are book covers with pictures of cute people or sad people that emanates gloominess and you know at the instant that this story is going to break your heart.
So yeah I am a sucker for beautiful book covers. Any book cover that reflects the story it carries has got to be my favorite.
Here are my Top Ten Book Covers:
10. The Bone Witch: The intricate detailing is so pretty and the skull under the title adds spookiness.
9. The Covenant Series: These smokey images of flowers on dark background look so stunning. Don’t they? Also the colors are lovely.
8. The Midnight Dance: This cover is amazing! How beautifully a clock is shown as the dress of the dancing girl. The detailing is perfect. Look how her hands are postitioned at 12 o’clock like they are the hands of clock. Impressive!!!
7. Certain Dark Things: I love masks 😉 and this cover makes me think this story is going to be really dark and mysterious.
6. A Shadow Bright and Burning: The idea of showing smoke in turquise color is fascinating!
5. Toward a Secret Sky: I don’t get any idea from the cover what this book is about but the sky in four colors and the rose symbol make this book look intrguing. The reverse font of the title with swirls make it look more interesting.
4. The Language of Thorns: Wow! It is so gorgeous. All the thorny vines and color contrast give this book “an ancient book” look.
3. A Thousand Pieces of You: Smitten! Speechless!
2. Caraval: When I first saw the cover of Caraval I was like “omg! I want this book even if the story sucks.” Yeah like I said I fall for book covers, the pretty ones only 😉
1. Heartless: Just wow! I have this feeling like this cover is going to be my all-time favorite. The black background adds the element of mystery. The letter “t” of Heartless is written as a sword with a crown over it. The vines with thorns and rose buds tells us there is going to both harshness and softness of love in this book. This cover is so symbolic as the red color also smbolizes as blood. Okay I just need to stop here before I spoil it for those who haven’t read the book yet.
So do tell me in the comments if you fall for pretty book covers too or not. Tagging a few of my favorite book bloggers to do the Top Ten Book Cover tags.
If I have not tagged you but you want to do this awesome book tag, consider yourself tagged and please ping me back so I can see what are your favorite book covers.